Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo was built by the Naldini in 1532, a wealthy Florentine family of merchants and bankers, in the area where the workshop of the great sculptor Donatello was located.
1732 Ottaviano Naldini commissioned architect Pier Paolo Giovannozzi to give the building its present appearance. After the marriage of Cristina Naldini and the Marquis Eugenio Niccolini of Camugliano, in 1879, the ownership of the palace passed to the Niccolini family, who has lived here for four generations.